Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Accomplishment #4: Administering 44 Eyedrops

This past week, I've had three cases of pediatric pinkeye at my house. Ewwww. Now, I'm no Monk, but just the same, I hate germs . . . more than a little bit . . . a lot.

So, it's with gratitude that I consider the three bottles of prescription Ofloxacin sitting on my countertop -- one drop, each eye, twice daily, for five days, and pinkeye's gone. But, therein lies the rub --for the medicine to work, it has to actually enter the eye. And while that's not impossible, it's nearly so.

Suffice it to say, during the past week, I've developed a new respect for my childrens' stubborn strength. And, for you academics, I've gained some economic insight. Did you know that the cost of flipping both eyelids inside out is outweighed by the benefit of avoiding two eyedrops? At least, that's the conclusion of my preschooler's (admittedly, less than scientific) analysis . . . .

So, it's with (partial) relief that I proudly announce Accomplishment #4 -- the administration of 44 eyedrops.

Only 16 left to go . . . .

2 comments:

  1. I had NO idea you hated germs! ;) Glad the worst of it is over!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesnt everyone hate germs? Who likes getting sick and haveing that virus in your home spreading to everyone in the house...yuck! I hate when we get sick! Well I love going on our walks! And I love your blog...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete